Sunday, January 20, 2008

Baby Wingfield Arrives: Mr. Alderman Rhys Wingfield


We are so thrilled and overwhelmed with joy to announce the birth of our first born child. We had a little boy on Thursday, January 17 at 5:45 in the afternoon. He weighed in at 9lbs. 8 oz. He is very healthy and wonderful in every way possible. His head is full of beautiful black hair and his eyes look almost black. We have named him Alderman Rhys Wingfield. Alderman is named in honor of Dr. Wayne Alderman who is an amazing man, professor, mentor, and an incredible man of God and has meant so much to Jared and I over the years. Rhys is an English/Welsh name that we fell in love with while living in England and it means "breathed by God." It is pronounced "rise" We are calling him Alder.
Words cannot express the great privilege I feel to be his mother. I have posted one picture for now but will post more soon. I must run off to nurse. You can for now see more pictures by clicking on the link to the right called "Joseph, Beth, and Teddy Wingfield" Beth has posted some pictures there. Love to you all.
Alder's Mom

5 comments:

Elaine said...

Well, he is just absolutely precious (and oh, so handsome)! Can't wait to meet this little guy in person. God bless you as you seek to raise Alder in the nurture and admonition of the Lord. May he NEVER know a day where he did not know the name of Jesus! Blessings!

Elaine

Big Warm Up Charlottesville said...

Meg and Jared,
Congrats! He's beautiful. I've been looking at your blog everyday waiting for the news...I'm so happy that you have a happy, healthy, beautiful boy!

TMB said...

he is beautiful! meg, he looks JUST like you and your brother! so precious. love the beautiful names you chose for him! i can't wait to meet sweet little Alder! so thankful that all went smoothly for you both...
xoxo

allison said...

AAAGGHH!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS! I'm calling you. No, I can't. I lost my phone. I'll try later. LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

katie said...

SO EXCITED! did you get my message? call me when things calm down - can't wait to visit! :)