Thursday, February 4, 2010

More Broccoli Please!


This is my little secret when it comes to fixing veggies. I learned it from my Dad. Growing up we always ate great veggies. They were always seasoned wonderfully and cooked perfectly. Never too soft nor too crisp, but they rocked because of this stuff. I have no idea what the salt/sodium content on the Wyler's Chicken granules (which may be in great contradiction to my previous post), but I do know that tonight Alder was asking for "mur bracklee peas!" SUCCESS! I sprinkle the granules evenly over all veggies (not asparagus because we always roast them, hmmm, I should post that recipe) after I toss them into the pan of boiling water (just enough water, not too much, maybe 2 in.) and put the top on and let it steam. You never let it steam for more than 2 minutes (for broccoli that is) and maybe 5 min. for green beans. I use Wyler's for brussel sprouts too and they take on an amazing likeability as well. I promise. Wyler's is really all you need. We sometimes add salt and pepper at the table, but it really gives it that much flavor. Good bye bacon fat, loads of butter, and just plain wishing and hoping. I promise you will have lovers of veggies in your home in no time. Just remember to stick with the granules for veggie cooking.



No comments: