Monday, March 8, 2010

Lights, Teddy, and Toilet Time?


I laugh when I find things like this around the house. It really makes my day. Let me explain. 
Alder has an OBSESSION with all things mechanical. He loves light switches, outlets, plugs, calulators, thermostats, ac/heating vents, etc. Clearly he found this boppy pillow in a closet and thought,"hey, this may be just what I need to help me reach that light switch in the bathroom." Who knows what he was thinking, but I figure that it didn't do the job since he just left it there.

Alder also has a deep love for his "Teddy". He feeds Teddy, talks to Teddy, and I have even caught him laughing at Teddy as if Teddy had just told a funny joke or something. Who knows, maybe he did. Recently Teddy joined us for lunch and wowed all of us with his quiet presence at the table and perfect manners. 
And finally, Alder woke up on Saturday wanting to poop in the potty. So he did and he did again on Sunday, and has tried again all day today. He pees in the potty like a pro and has only had ONE accident so far. He has told us each time he needs to go or will go every time I take him. He loves his big boy underwear and is fascinated with, well....how easily he can "access" his manly parts. Oh, boys! I assure you though that I am one of those that would rather just change a poopy diaper and put another one because of the convienence. But instilling disciple and being a intentional/good parent is not about whether it is convienent or easy, right? I actually had not planned on potty training him until the weather was warmer and I could just let him run around in his "nunee" (as he and his Dada call it) and just hose him off after an accident. Clearly that plan has been foiled. So I push ahead with it all, socks, pants, and shirts. Laundry, here we come. 



1 comment:

TMB said...

cute!!

i find random things in random places--makes me happy! [magnolia bud in the freezer--love it!]

anyway--ya'll coming this weekend?
xo