Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Cold Morning Walk




So the funniest thing about this picture is that my child looks very Arab. We went walking this morning in the freezing cold weather at 7:00 and it was sooo cold. I realized that I have NO winter clothes for this child and I have been scrambling all week to try to find/borrow/buy some. If this child doesn't even have a jacket we certainly do not have a hat or mittens. So I grabbed one of my scarfs and wrapped it around his neck and head. He loved it and never tried to take it off. He was posty toasty. But if you notice, you'll see something even more unusual in this picture. See it?
Yep, he loves a pacifier now. I mean what the heck? He is 9 months! He surprises us all the time. Never has he ever wanted anything to do with them (to our dismay and disappointment as it would have probably really soothed him as a bitty baby) but on Thursday last week he just picked up some random one and went to town. Alder loves them. He goes to sleep with them, sucks the "pas" in the car, grocery shopping, and so on. All of a sudden, my rather intense child has mellowed out and it a little bit quieter. I can honestly see his body relax when he puts it into his mouth. It is the strangest thing. Jared and I figure that its ok and after all we are the parents and we say when it goes.

No comments: