Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Aahh....my love.




My addiction love for coffee developed slowly over our time of living in England and traveling extensively in Europe. When we moved back to the States, Jared and I enjoyed our french press and our stovetop cappuccino maker, but then we had children and we needed something that made coffee faster. For Christmas, we received a coffee maker that we love and it has coffee waiting for us in the morning. Jared leaves the house at an ungodly hour (like before 6 most times) and I get my coffee around 8. It is hot at both hours and tastes oh so yummy. There is one funny thing about all this coffee love though. I am extremely caffeine sensitive and NEVER drink straight caffeinated coffee. Therefore my love affair must just consist of loving the smell, the taste of the wonderful creamer I pour into my mug, and then just holding the warm mug in my hands throughout the morning as I gently sip and sip and sip. Its really just about the process. So Jared and I have agreed that drinking half calf is the way to go and we each get a little of what we need.
We are in a bit of a quandary and need some help though. Does anyone know of some great and economical half calf coffee? Because after trying it for the first time this morning, the best part about waking up was NOT having Folger's in my cup.

4 comments:

Darby said...

Meg... I'm a big Dunkin' Donuts coffee fan... it's not too strong like Starbucks but I'm wondering if you could buy one bag of regular and one bag of decaf and mix your own 1/2 caff? If you can... I think you'll be really happy with Dunkin Donuts--- it's DELICIOUS coffee and you can get it at most grocery stores and Sam's!

The Morrisons said...

Ha! I just mixed up my own "half caff" with Dunkin Donuts coffee. I will let you know how it is tomorrow. Hoping I am not disappointed because looks like we are having it for a few weeks!

tag said...

Hey Meg- I would love to know a good half caf solution too, so let me know what you find out. I might just try the Dunkin thing too!

The Morrisons said...

Coffee was good this morning-not amazing, but definitely worth half the caffeine. Give it a try. I think it will surely be better folgers!