Monday, January 11, 2010

Playtime and Tiger Stripes




I just recently spent a lot of time researching a great book that would help guide me in conducting more constructive play with Alder during our days together. I do not believe that he should be "schooled" right now, but I know that I could use some help in the area of constructive play as well as having a list of skills-concepts that a 2 year old should be able to do. This book is wonderful and very informative. It is a part of a series and so if you have other aged children you could probably find the other books on Amazon. Some of the activities are certainly geared for the classroom, but for the most part I can do a lot of them with just Alder and myself.


Do you see the "tiger stripes" on Alder's face? This happened a few weeks ago when he, Dada, and AllyB (our dog) were all wrestling before bedtime. It happened by complete accident. Alder loves for Dada to sit Ally on his chest, which is called a PILE ON, and as Ally was getting off one of her paws scratched Alder's face. It looked terrible for several days, but I think it will heal just fine without any need for Mederma. Praise the Lord.


No comments: