Friday, January 14, 2011

Almost 3


WAR EAGLE!!!
First of all.

 We all enjoyed Monday night and cheering for the Tigers as they won the National Championship game. What fun! Of course the boys only lasted for the first 30 minutes and then it was off to bed for them. More on that in a second. 
But really in more important news around here is that I have a very enthusiastic almost 3 year old. Can you tell by looking at the picture above?
 Alder's birthday day is Monday and we have been counting down for days now since for several days before we starting counting down he was constantly asking me, "Mama, is it my birthday yet? Is it tomorrow or the next day?" My favorite was when he woke up from his afternoon nap several times asking me if he had "missed his party?" "No sweetie," I assured him.  So to help his little mind that is oh-so sharp but a little obsessive we have been counting down. Now it is just 3 days to go and I am loving having a child who is now old enough to have serious preferences regarding his birthday, his cake, his wants and desires, and the sheer excitement of it all. I cannot wait to make his day special for him on Monday.


Time does not allow for talking about our new sleeping arrangements in this house, but I will post soon about all the chaos, laughter, tears, climbing in and out of beds, falling out of   cribs and so on that putting two brothers in the same room have brought. 
Stay tuned. 
Happy Friday. 


1 comment:

The Crazy Squirrel said...

Happy Birthday Alder!
I hope you have a really good birthday. We still love looking at your blog - have you seen ours about our time in India? (www.ollybottbott.blogspot.com)
Love from Maya, Leila and WilfXXX