Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Welcome Home....

Last January, we bundled up the kids and went to the local high school to say farewell and thank you to the 2101st National Guard Division. It was really powerful to stand there and witness the troops say good-bye to their families, being so stoic, and clearly brave. There was such a look of duty on each of their faces. We appreciate their bravery and sacrifice. We believe that the support of our troops is so very important no matter where you stand on war, this war, or the last war. They need to be supported and thanked. We hope to raise our boys with a great gratitude for these men and women in uniform and with the knowledge that to serve your country in this way is a very honorable path to choose if either of our sons chose to do so. 
This picture was taken of Alder and I last January as we waved our flags and said good-bye.
Jan. 8, 2010




 On January 6th, 2011 those same troops came home. 
I took the boys so we could once again wave our flags, show our support, and say thank you to the soldiers that served our country so bravely for a year. 
Alder told me today he sat on my lap while I worked on this post. 
"Mama, that is me with my flag and me with a soldier. He is a big man. He is a great man. He is brave and protects me from evil. He protects me from dragons and evil people."

I'm not sure if they fight against dragons, but he got it. 




No comments: