Friday, April 8, 2011

Conrad Hudson: Day 28


He is pudgy and soft and chubby and "oh-so kissable".
I constantly am kissing his face and telling him that his Mama just loves him to bits.
I do. I love this little boy. 
He is a hungry little one. My hungriest one yet. He nurses every 3 hours and through the night without any long stretches of sleep and I must say, its wearing me out. He is already close to 11 lbs. and has rolls on his back around his neck. 
He seems to be "waking up" more these days and looking at the world around him, which is mostly just his brothers in his face. 
People ask me how Alder and Kingston have adjusted to their new brother and to be honest its like to them that Conrad Hudson has been here all along. They love him dearly and I have yet to see any jealousy. They are fascinated by him and his sounds and particularly his love of nursing. Alder likes to ask all about "Mama's milk" and then have me tell him that I nursed him too just like his youngest brother is now.
So far Conrad Hudson has set himself apart from his brothers in his ability to grunt. He grunts when he is sleeping and when he is awake and especially after he has finished eating. I mean he sounds like a little piggy. He just grunts and grunts. We all laugh. 
We still have yet to determine a name to call him and so we are still calling him Conrad Hudson (quite frankly its driving me crazy!!!). Alder has taken to calling him "Con", Kingston can't talk, I prefer Hudson, and Jared likes Conrad. And a lot of the time we just say, "the baby".
The other day Alder was telling a friend that "he is just a like a little angel" and that his baby brother "smells delicious". Where does he come up with this stuff? 
I think we all can agree though....he is just like a little angel and he does smell pretty delicious. 



2 comments:

Susan said...

Meg, I love reading your blog! You describe your famil beautifully. I can almost hear the grunts! I'll pray for a little more rest .....

Anonymous said...

call him Hu! like Hue-- he can rhyme with his cousin tru! :)
he is so cute.