Thursday, July 14, 2011

Summer Love

I have been slow. 
I have been slow to write these last few weeks and I have no idea why. I think it has to do with the heat, the lazy days of summer, and the constant chaos that mothering 3 little ones bring. I am not getting the mail opened these days and it can sit on my desk for a couple of days at least. I point this out only because I remember when I just had little Alderman and our days were so slow that I would treat going to get the mail like an activity for the two of us. It was a block of time. We would go out to the mailbox, get the mail, I would sort through each piece, look at all of it, let Alder get down and crawl around the grass, we may even examine a bug or two. It was slow and simple. Now, I am just doing well to get the mail into the house, on the entrance table, and then get it, maybe that same day, to my desk area. Forget reading any of it though. 
Life is still very simple. All 4 of us may lounge in our pjs till noon, watch a little video before breakfast, and enjoy these days when we don't have anywhere to be (summer or not) since none of them are school aged yet. It is a sweet time of playing with animals, building homes for them with their blocks, building train tracks, painting murals, and trying hard to meet all of their needs. This is where the chaos comes in as there is always a little one needing Mama to help, wipe, clean, guide, hug, comfort, encourage, discipline, and instruct. 
So I am slow to write and post snapshots of our lives. 
Here are a few randoms from these last few weeks. 
Hudson is literally growing at a rate that makes my desire to have at least 3 more babies very intense. He. cannot. be. this. big. already.
He is adored by his brothers and most especially Kingston. In this picture below, as I had nursed Hudson one day (I feel like this is all I do with this baby boy. Nurse. Every 3 hours during the day), Kingsers came along and put all these stickers all over him. I am always having to peel Kingston off Hudson. He just loves him so intensely. 

But who wouldn't love this littlest one intensely. Hudson is precious in every way. He is sweet, sweet, sweet and a darn good baby. He has stolen our hearts. Like last night after he and I had a shower together and he was laying all naked on the bed and I was admiring his cute little naked body with all his fat rolls, he just started laughing for the first time. He just laughed and laughed at my funny noises I was making to the point of getting hiccups. 
Great fun.


 This is him watching his mobile in his crib. Happy as a clam.

Alder the photographer is busy again taking pictures of our lives. I like these two below that he captured of Hudson and I one afternoon.


Happy Boy, again.

And do you remember this picture I posted back in early March? I think I was 2 weeks away from delivering Hudson and Daddy gave us a ride home from church in his truck. I think the post title was like, "You know you live in Alabama when..."
Well, the other day Daddy had to be at church early and we came later walking and strolling.
He was gracious to give us another ride home....

It had gotten too bloody hot to walk home and plus Hudson needed to be "initiated" into life in rural Alabama. 
*I have no idea why this picture turned out funny. My camera was on some strange setting. This was the best editing I could do on it*




 And these two...
the expressions on their faces pretty much sum them up right now in life.
They are wild, crazy, have an intense zeal for life, funny, and are cute as pie. I feel like they try to be disobedient at EVERY OPPORTUNITY. What is with that? Alder and Kingston egg each other on and when I tell one "no" the other one thinks that means "yes" for him. Ummm, NO!!! My latest saying is, "If its NO for your brother than its NO for you too." They both swim like little fish in the pool and river, love the boat, the hose, getting naked, peeing outside, pouring sand on each others heads while playing in the sandbox, throwing rocks and other such hard things (no matter how much I may threaten their lives), pretending to "hunt" lions and tigers with their Nerf guns, practicing selective male hearing, and wrestling with Dada. They are ALL boy


1 comment:

Pat said...

Conrad with stickers is priceless!! Love that picture!