Friday, September 5, 2008

My two front teeth


Alder has cut his two front teeth and he looks just so funny with them. They came at a great cost though. Last week and the week before Alder was just miserable. Because he was teething and was so congested, he got a double ear infection. Oh, he was pitiful. When Alder cut his bottom two teeth back in June he was congested then, but would just cry and be inconsolable. It was just like that this time around too. He would just cry and cry. Nothing would make it better and he would not even nurse (honestly... it really wears you out). This picture was taken one morning after a crying spell and a lot of tugging on his ears. I think you can tell that his face is all blotchy, but I was able to capture a smile because every time I get out the camera he smiles. I sat with him on the chair and we watched a little baby video snuggled up with each other. It was so sweet and he sat there as he watched patting my arm. That made all the bad naps, sleepless nights, and fussiness worth it. By the way, Alder's two front teeth are seemingly HUGE and every morning the teeth seem two times bigger than they were when I put him to bed. Funniest thing.

1 comment:

The Morrisons said...

Micah was the same way with teeth. He would be so sad and snotty and had a few ear infections at the same time (probably from all the drainage). I know how rough it can be. Our doctor told us to use ibuprofen and then if an hour later he was still upset, use tylenol. The combo does wonders. Hope he is feeling much better now. Hope you all are well. Much love