Friday, September 19, 2008

What a Difference

As I went back through our videos taken of Alder since he was born in January, I could not believe the difference. He has grown so quickly and developed in so many wonderful and engaging ways. This first video was taken when we was just a week old. He cannot control his arms and looks just so confused by the world around him. I want to cry just looking at him at that sweet newborn stage. As he grows, I miss those early days but fall quickly in love with all the new milestones he reaches, the person I am getting to know and the excitement he has for all that is around him.



Alder at week one.


Alder at 8 months


He loves his walker and while cruising in it the other day he found our antique and very delicate lawyer bookcase. He stopped, studied (as he does all things) before touching it, reached right for the knob on the second shelf, and would lift it and drop it, lift it and drop it. He did this with great caution. Alder amazed us at how many times he did this over and over again. I tried to capture it on the flip video this morning, but as sensitive as Mr. Man is to his surroundings he made a beeline right for me AND the camera.

No comments: