Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Water Babies, Roomies, and Cousins

My boys love love love water. They just simply cannot get enough of it. I realized this when I paid our water bill yesterday and it was $10 higher than it had been then the month before (due to of course playing outside with the hose, sprinkler, and splash pad (which then leads to dirty boys and this leads to more water use)). We will find out shortly how much Alder really loves water when we start swim lessons in just two weeks. These are not just any swim lessons. These are swim lessons on speed. They are taught by "Coach Tom" everyday for 8 days at 30 minutes per session. He has a very unique philosophy on children and swimming. It is kind of a "throw them in the water and they will eventually learn to hold their breath" kind of theory. I am sorry. That does not do it justice. He is (from what I have heard) very gifted at this whole swimming thing and I look forward to seeing how Alder does. Kind of cool though to think about having a 2 year old swimming this summer! Trust me. I am not crazy. I watched my 2 2 year old niece/nephew swim (for real swim) all last summer. I will let you know how it goes.

On the subject of making messes, I thought I would add this. I want to think that Alder, who knows messing with Ally's food and water are a major NO-NO is telling Kingston all about how bad a spanking hurts. I am sure he wasn't though.
I am happy to say though that these two partners in crime are now sharing the same room. We moved Kingston in with Alder a week ago. It really has been an easy transition, but I wish you could hear them at night trying to fall asleep. We can watch them on the monitor and see Kingston with his face pressed against the crib bars with an outstretched hand trying to reach his brother. We have caught Alder on several occassions trying to throw items from his crib into Kingston's. Funniest thing. In the mornings, I wake up to them just laughing and giggling together. I must say, it really has helped their little relationship. I think Alder just sees him now as older and not so much a little baby. Dada has even said that Alder no longer wants to cuddle up with him, rock, and pray for long periods of time because he is just so antsy to get in his crib and "play" with King King. 

And finally, we had cousins visit last week. Teddy and Wilder came to play. For some reason I do not have that many pictures, but I thought these were cute. After bath time both nights the water had a definite dirty color to it. How do boys manage to get so so messy? All four of them (age 3 and under) played and played. It is very sweet to see that even as young as they are, all the cousins seem to understand that cousins are special and different than just the friend at school or neighbor down the street. Alder was so excited when they arrived, he just kept screaming at the top of his lungs over and over and over again. We didn't do much and had no agenda. We ate, played, walked, threw rocks into the river, talked, ate some more, and ran through the sprinkler.

Wilder is 22 1/2 months, Kingston is 11 months, Teddy is 3, and Alder is 2. Wow! And Beth is due to have another one in November. 




No comments: