Thursday, July 15, 2010

boy, oh boy...

Don't let these sweet and innocent boys fool you! 
They have run circles around me this week in such a way that I have limped slowly into my bed at night from such exhaustion. 
I will share with you an a part of email to my dear sister-n-law I wrote earlier today,




 "beth, sorry i am just now getting back with you. i assure its not b/c we have been out and about doing fun exciting things rather just trying to get through the days with two crazy boys. yesterday, i found kingston chewing on a roach (seriously i was removing pieces of roach out of his mouth with my finger) and alder peed all over the bathroom wall/corner (not even hitting the toilet) and came to tell me so proudly that he had "pee peed on the roll!" i am guessing he had been aiming for the toilet roll?!?!?! on monday, i lost my keys at wal-mart, had dinner guests last night, and kingston continues to be the master mess maker around the house. i just cleaned up 250+ beads he knocked off the steps on to the playroom floor. ahhhhh!!!! its been chaotic! i still love them to bits and pretty much could just kiss their faces off though. its just boys being boys i guess!"



It is funny though. I can be with friends who are mothers only to little, sweet, and quiet girls and I'll catch them starring at my boys blankly. "Yes, I know," I think to myself, "I cannot believe that they are that loud and unruly either. I do try, really. I discipline, try to teach them to eat with silverware, and bath them every night yet they are smelly 12 hours later. Trust me, I do."  Oh, I love boys though. There is never a dull moment.

Speaking of boys.
My boys LOVE, LOVE, LOVE books. Specifically books about "boy" things. However, Alder's favorite movies right now are Snow White and Cinderella. So....hmmm. Anyways, if you are looking for some great books for your own little ones or some great gifts these books are the best.





We received our first Ant Parker book from our beloved friends, the Branfoots who live in England, as a birthday present for Alder. There are like 10 books in the series. Each book is filled with pages full of rhyming sentences and perfect description of the vehicle/train/rocket/etc. At the back of the book, there is a page of "vocabulary words" from the story. This is Alder's favorite part. In fact, yesterday when I went to go get him out of his crib after nap time, he kept saying, "Mama, what is that noise?" "It sounds like a boat propeller." Yes, he was right. I could hear ski doos far off in the distance, but he was using one of the vocabulary words from the Busy Boats books.
 We received Dazzling Diggers from the Branfoots and it came with a read-along CD chocked full of great "digger sounds" in the background. You can find all of them on Amazon, but the ones with the CD are harder to find. Good luck hunting!






1 comment:

The Morrisons said...

So funny to read this. I often think people must think I have the wildest children on the planet. Boys are boys, and when there are multiple of them it is just LOUD!!! Just wait until they get a bit older, then they can clean the messes up for you! We are excited to add a sweet, calm little girl to our lives but man we love these wild and crazy boys.