Sunday, July 11, 2010

wedding bells 6 years ago....


This is obviously me. I was 20. Yep, 20 when I married. I was 19 when I got engaged. And I would do it all over again tomorrow. I was 16 when I fell in love with Jared and he is the one who took this picture. We had just left our reception in his family's Jeep covered in bouquets and donned in torches of blazing fire. I was so excited to be starting a life with him. It has been a wonderful 6 years. We have traveled, lived abroad, gone through real difficulties and survived them, owned 3 different houses, remodeled two of them, laughed a lot and have been blessed with 2 wonderful boys.


Here we are on our honeymoon in St. Lucia. It was our own house at the edge of a cliff. I'll never forget that on the first night of our honeymoon Jared was rally racing our rental car up the mountainous terrain in the darkness of the "jungle" and WRECKED it into the "jungle." We laughed so hard. Good thing for rental insurance. The main part of the house was opened aired and it came with its own housekeeper, Letti. I miss Letti. My 2 wonderful boys are wonderful, but oh how I would love to go on a 2nd honeymoon!

View from our house looking down onto Margot Bay.




No comments: