Monday, February 7, 2011

Life right now: baths at 7 am

 I wish that I could report that we have totally gotten over our sickness and moved on to bigger and better things. Sadly, we have not. I am routinely every morning bathing Kingston at 7 am due to the diarrhea. I know that the readers of this blog are probably not interested in tales of caring for and cleaning up after my toddler who continues to have "poop-plosions" multiple times a day. It really isn't a pleasant topic. I can understand that. But, as this is a running journal of our day to day life (and in the hopes of me writing it down will keep me from losing my mind) I must say....we still have poop and throw up at our house! I haven't had to clean up the horrid throw up since Thursday night and I am hoping that that was the last of it, but as far as diarrhea goes....oh, my my. 
We are struggling. I am struggling and poor Kingston is starting to look like he is from Ethiopia( do know we have seen our pediatrician and we are waiting on some test results that should come back today). 10 days now and I think I am about to go crazy. All of this made worse by the fact that it rained EVERYDAY last week and it is dreary and yucky today too. It is gray and gloomy and just plain sad outside. I am sorry. I realize I don't have a very good attitude. I just don't love winter. I spoke to my sister-n-law today and she worded it well, "I feel like I am a terrible motivator for my children during the months of January and February." I agree Jen. I think a lot of Mamas can relate, that it is just plain hard to mother cheerfully during the "JanFebs."
So here we are making Valentine's Day cards this morning trying to find new and exciting things to do to occupy our time while stuck in the house. We enjoyed our crafting and as long as I keep a smile on my face....the boys do too. 




2 comments:

The Morrisons said...

Oh, so, so hard. I hate the tummy bug and the "janfebs" Micah had the stomach bug one year and threw up for 8 days. He then was a picky eater for a year. Uggghhh. We paid for that bug for a long time. I hope your little Kingston is back to normal soon. Hang in there: spring is on its way.

Hannah said...

So sorry to hear about poor Kingston!! I know you are ready for him to feel better and not have the nasty mess to clean up. We really miss seeing y'all...maybe sometime this summer we can get the kiddos together to play. Can't wait to meet #3!!