Monday, March 3, 2008

A Good Night's Sleep


So I awoke the other morning at 6:30 to suddenly realize that "oh my gosh Alder slept through the night....is he still breathing?" I ran downstairs to his room and sure enough my little boy was just beginning to stir. I picked him up and he looked at me, smiled, and started moving his mouth like he does when he is hungry. I sat down to nurse him and thanked the Lord for this great gift and at the same time it dawned on me that I myself felt wonderful. I felt rested. Since getting pregnant and then having Alder I realized it had been a long long time since I had slept through the night. Life has changed. The fog I have been under for the past 6 weeks seems to have lifted. He has continued to to sleep through the night and I pray he continues to do so. For now though I count my blessings and even (as crazy as this will sound) miss the middle of night feeding and that sweet time I had with him. Yes....I truly miss it and I think mostly it is because I am mourning the fact he is getting older.
I took this picture that morning...he was so happy and still had sleepy eyes.

2 comments:

TMB said...

oh what a gift! dylan started sleeping through the night at 6 weeks, and it was such a wonderful thing (though i too missed that time in the middle of the night with her)!! but i truly believe a good night's sleep, for us as mama's, is a key component to being refreshed and ready for anything that the new day brings us!! what a precious picture...i see a glimpse of jared in this picture...

miss you guys!
xoxo

Unknown said...

that is a precious picture of him! sweet outfit!