Thursday, March 20, 2008

My First Friend

Alder just keeps growing everyday and I stand amazed at how quickly he is changing. He is just wonderful. Although a very intense baby he is seemingly happy. He loves to interact with me and others. He is very intense about this and can do it for a rather impressively long time just smiling and "talking." He also has this toy called a whoozit that has all sorts of bits and bobs hanging off it with bright colors and it squeaks and he just loves smiling at it and trying to reach for it. One thing that I have enjoyed recently with him is when I am trying to get him to sleep he has started this kneading motion with his hand on my chest. I believe it is his way of trying to get to sleep and I feel wonderful because he must feel so safe and secure. It just melts my heart. This past weekend our friends Hannah, Joseph and Winston stopped by to say hi. We sat outside on the porch and enjoyed the fresh spring air and warm sunshine. Winston was loving Ally and riding her like a horse. Winston seems to be entertained by Alder as well. Winston is Alder's first real friend. We are blessed to have such great friends like the Martins.

No comments: