Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Dreams Do Come True....

We are finally home after being away for 18 days. Whew! It was a long time away, but the visit "home" and vacation were full of great times and many memories were made. I am trying to work through hundreds of pictures to post about our time away. I hope to have a post up soon, but for now I thought I would share these. 

We arrived home Saturday and had all day Sunday to rest, recover, and enjoy our new boat. While away for over a week and Jared remaining home by himself, he purchased a boat. I guess when "the cat is away the mice will play." 
It is a beautiful boat built by hand and made of wood. Jared, as a hobby, likes to "broker" boats and it has been awhile since he has done so. But, it appears that he is "back in the game." The man he purchased it from is 78 years old and he was not only the only owner, but he was the one who built this boat by hand. Jared said that as the man said good-bye (only selling it because he had gotten too elderly to take it out by himself) the man was in tears. This boat certainly has a special story. 
Alder could not wait to "get on boat." He and Kingston loved the whole experience (except of course putting on life jackets).


When Jared and I first lived here before moving to England, we actually lived on the river with a dock. This was when Jared started "brokering" boats. As we went down to river on Sunday so many memories came flooding back of our time of the river as newlyweds. We were carefree, spending hours on the water fishing, sunbathing, and swimming. Jared has always wanted to be able to take his own children on a boat and share with them one of his greatest passions of life---boating.


On Sunday that dream came true as he watched his two sons fall in love with the water, the wind, the boat, and the adventure of it all.




Alder took immediately to driving the boat and "helping" in all ways possible.




Kingston adored the time as well by crawling around the boat, exploring each piece and part, trying to make a mess of the ropes, and swimming with Mama.




I felt extraordinarily blessed to be on the water with "my boys" who all seem to have an abnormal love of "things that go," the outdoors, gages, steering wheels, mysterious waters, idle fisherman on the banks of the river, and engines.




This is Alder and I swimming together. I am quickly realizing that as these two boys grow up, I will "lose" them to their father and the adventures only boys will have. I am trilled for the time they will get with their Daddy, but I am stealing my sweet time with them now with kisses, hugs, and cuddling.

No comments: