Monday, June 14, 2010

the lazy days of summer.....

dear readers (if there are any...)
i have been ridiculously lazy this last week. the boys and i recuperated from our long time away by lounging in the house in our pjs for hours, doing puzzle after puzzle (alder's favorite "toy" right now), swimming in the neighbor's pool, making homemade ice cream, fruit roll-ups, and pickles (thanks darby for all the great recipes!), and eating copious amount of popsicles in the front yard to try to stay cool, and late afternoon boating. so, all this to say, i have NOT gotten around to posting pictures of some pretty important happenings in the wingfield family. anyhow, i do have some snapshots from last week of our lazy days and a great new "find." 

happy monday!

meg

My "silly billies" who are now officially partners in crime....
King King sleeping on the boat Saturday. Does anyone have a "boat noise" option on their noise maker? Ha.

Alder helping Mama by tasting the ice cream. Recipe here.




Alder clearly affected by the mocha ice cream with the regular coffee and chocolate syrup in it....




Homemade fruit roll-ups dehydrating in the oven. You can get the recipe here.


And finally, our homemade pickles using the cucumbers we received in our veg box this past week. Again you can find the recipe here. Darby has great ones!




This is my new great find. I ONLY have a Wal-Mart to shop at and I am pretty cynical about Wal-Mart, their effects on small towns, and so on. But, I try to make the best of it and thought I would pass this little find along to you. I stopped buying Glad Wrap awhile back just because it was too expensive for how little you got on the roll. When I went last week to Wal-Mart, I found this. It is actually a Sam's Club product that is also now being re-packaged for Wal-Mart. I love it. It is unlike any pitiful plastic wrap that I have used before, it does not crumple up on itself, the box it great, the cutter it wonderful, and it just simply makes my life easier. Isn't that odd....plastic wrap making my life easier. For some people it is the iphone, iPad, or tivo. For me it is plastic wrap. 




No comments: