Sunday, June 20, 2010

"When I grow up..."


I gave a series of these pictures to Jared for Father's Day. I put the boys in his shirts and thought I would photograph them each year and "watch them grow."




 I took similiar pictures of Alder when he was just 5 months old and then forgot last year, but hopefully I can remember from year to year. I recently asked Alder what he wants to be when he grows up and he thought for a minute and then said, "I want to be Daddy." My heart jumped and sang with joy and gratitude. I am so grateful that our Daddy is so wonderful, intentional, loving, and diligent in his role as father that our son wants to "be him" when he grows up.I realize that we are exceptionally blessed to not only have wonderful fathers ourselves, but that my children have both incredible fathers and grandfathers to love and adore. 












Happy Father's Day!

No comments: