Thursday, June 24, 2010

Our Ginger Midget....


We have started calling Kingston our ginger midget. It just fits with his hair color, ruddy skin tones, and being youngest in the family. We all get a real kick out of little Kingston. He has the sweetest spirit, patient as the day is long, quietly observant, loves a good cuddle, funny, and independent. I mean the child will just go find something in the house be it a dead bug or a shiny new toy and just play with such contentment. I could love him just based on this quality.
Kingtson was baptized in the same church Jared and I grew up in, baptized in ourselves, and where we were married.



Lookout Mountain Presbyterian is a very special place to us and our families. It was a wonderful service with our children being decently behaved that morning standing in front of the whole congregation.

The gown Kingston wore has been worn by both of my brothers, my cousins, and Alder. It is quite a family heirloom.



These two are in cahoots most of the time. They were doing this while I tried to photograph my sweet Kingston. 
Here is our 987th attempt to capture a family picture of us and as you can see Alder is trying to lick his ear and Kingston looks like he just saw a ghost.



We had a delightful lunch to celebrate the baptism and Kingston's 1st birthday at my parents house with family and friends. 


My family above and the Wingfield's with Meme Demoss below.
LET THEM EAT CAKE!!!
Yes, we put the smash cake in the middle of the children and let them go for it.
All of the kids kept looking up at us like, "is this ok?!" "We can just sit here and play with the icing and gorge ourselves of birthday cake?!?" It was very fun.

My brother Jes was quite shocked at the chaos of the cake eating.

And while we celebrated with cake, the big boys (aka the daddies) decided it would be great fun to act like this.....
Boys will be boys I assume.
And not long after I took the first picture of the birthday cake smashing by all the cousins, Kingston crawled away to play by himself. 
Oh, that sweet little boy.

Happy Belated Birthday to you!


No comments: