Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Conrad Hudson Wingfield

So I will write little as my mind is fully into the baby moon phase and my words will probably be jumbled and confusing. I do feel rather great for just having had a little one and it seems to just get easier as you go along. Sweet little Conrad Hudson is precious and I am enjoying him very much. His Daddy and I headed back down south and his older brothers have remained in Chattanooga until tomorrow night basking (I am sure) in the love and affection (and spoiling) of both sets of their grandparents. So Jared and I are enjoying this sweet time with the little one all by himself.
We traveled up to Chattanooga on Thursday evening, saw my doctor on Friday morning, celebrated my birthday Friday night with family, and then went in on Saturday morning to have my water broken. I was already dilated 4cm and effaced so due to distance and time restraints with Jared's job, we opted to be "induced" for the first time. I had my concerns (especially since I have unmedicated, natural deliveries) that all would not go as I would want since we were "intervening" but it went perfectly. We thank the Lord for that blessing and answer to prayers. 
At 11:30 Dr. Jones broke my water, I started rhythmic contractions at 1:30, and at 3:47 little Conrad Hudson made his way into the world. It was (as Alder says) "SUPER FAST!!!" and such a wonderful delivery. It was so fast that both our Dad's missed the delivery and much of our close family and they didn't even have time to break down the bed or turn the lights on in the room. Jared says that he remembers Dr. Jones pulling out of his Patagonia vest (he had not even gotten all geared up with gloves and so on) a little flashlight and using it to check out the little baby once his head came out. Funniest thing. I was able to pull him onto my chest and announce, "It's a BOY!!!" Which was then followed by several people, like Dr. Jones, my mother-n-law, and my dear friend Catherine (who all secretly knew what the gender was all through the pregnancy) completely aghast since they had been told at the 21 week ultrasound that it was a little GIRL!!! Catherine and June had brought all this pink stuff to the hospital and had had several things monogrammed for the supposed little girl. Well, he is definitely NOT a little girl!!! So that is a funny part of Conrad Hudson's birth story. I am glad that we just didn't know otherwise for I am sure my head and emotions would have been spinning if I had prepared myself for a little girl.
 Honestly it is a dream come true to have these three little boys and I will just let the pictures below speak for themselves. It is such an emotional and precious time-giving birth to a child gifted to us by God.
Our growing family right before we left for the hospital in front of Jared's parents house

Conrad Hudson before

Conrad Hudson after



Daddy and his third son....a dream come true for him too. 3 boys!!!

Catherine and me with my little boy and all her girl clothes

Me and my wonderful sister-n-laws

With Jared's parents

With my parents

KeeKee with her third grandson

The boys with their brother for the first time

Kingston is totally in love and takes his new role as big brother very seriously

My chubby 9lb. 2oz. baby boy sleeping



The boys watching Conrad Hudson getting checked out by the pediatrician

Very special picture: Me with Conrad Hudson and my other two telling the nurse how old they are....3 and 1. Yes, 3 in 38 months captured in a picture

Just such a funny picture of the four of us...Mama and her boys

4 comments:

Darby said...

Meg... Absolutely priceless! Were they all born in Chattanooga? I didn't realize you were going up there for the delivery!!! Congrats... the pictures of you and your boys are PRECIOUS!!

Melanie Phillips(L&D) said...

such a sweet blessing, 3 boys! wow! meg and jared, it was an honor to be part of your very special day. you and all your family are precious people and it refreshed me as to why i am a labor & delivery nurse and why I continue to do my job day in and day out. experiences like yours are very few and far between and very special. thank you so much for allowing me to be a part of that. and WAR EAGLE! the pics are priceless. :)

Rayne said...

Congratulations Meg! They are all beautiful...love the name! Blessings to your family! Love, Rayne

Adrienne said...

Congratulations!!! He is precious. I hope you can get rest and enjoy this time. It goes soooo fast!