Thursday, March 31, 2011

Sweet Kingsers, Brotherhood, and the love of Little One

Last week was an exhausting one.
Kingston on Wednesday night around 10:30 pm had a febrile seizure. It lasted for at least 4 minutes with full body convulsions, eyes rolling back in his head, and so on. It horrifically frightening. We called 911, rode to the ER in an ambulance, had tests run, and by the next afternoon it was concluded that he had had the seizure due to a sudden fever because of viral pneumonia. I had not even known nor felt as though Kingston was sick that day, but he obviously was and now is on the mend. Of course, Alder has it too and I feel like I have the "crud" now as well. The most pitiful one is Conrad Hudson and his stuffy nose, slight cough, and sneezing. I keep praying that he will not get a fever or get worse as the last thing we need right now is him to get RSV and end up in the hospital. 
As far as the seizure is concerned, Kingston will most likely have another one when he gets sick again if his fever rises quickly but most children outgrow febrile seizures by the time they are 4 or 5. Supposedly febrile seizures are a common childhood "issue" and are not related at all to any kind of seizure disorder. Whew! That is good news. I just pray that it never happens again as it is a terrible thing to watch your child go through (but I am prepared mentally now for it if he has another one).
I praise the Lord over and over for preserving little Kingston and all the neighbors who came to see if they could help, my calm husband who held Kingston through the whole seizure, our pastor who sat with us til the wee hours of the morning at the hospital, and my Mom (the professional coddler) who spent the night and the next day with Kingston. I truly feel blessed for our healthy child.   
Now onto brotherhood.....
it is (as I have watched over the last 23 months with Kingston and Alder and now I am watching with Little One here) a wonderful thing. There is something very unique and special about their bond and they build on it every day.



And being a mother to 3 boys is just plain dreamy. I love my boys deeply and I am trying to soak up all these special moments in my heart and in my mind as this time is fleeting and will pass (as I am told) very quickly.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

love the pics!!!! he definitely has his own look!

Susan said...

Meg, your writing captures beautifully your feelings as a Mom. Your boys are beautiful as well! So sorry for the awful scare and as you said, thank you Lord for healthy children!