Sunday, March 6, 2011

Nesting, Stain Removal Tip, Spring Flowers, and HELP!!!

I have been busy. I have been nesting with fury. This obsession with being prepared and organized and so on is not unlike me normally, but it only intensifies when I become 9 months pregnant. I believe it has only become increasingly more, well, obsessive since I will be having my 3rd baby in 38 months and thats, well, a little intense. So, I made lists, checked them twice, employed the help of my WONDERFUL mother-n-law for several days a few weeks ago, and worked like mad. We cooked and cooked and cooked. We cleaned and washed and organized. I have filled up my cabinets, pantry, and closets. I feel like if there was a national emergency we would make it swimmingly with all my stockpiles (although I am not quite sure how I would feel about having the baby in my bathtub with only my hubby to assist). I think I will find comfort in these pictures weeks from now when I am snowed in under huge amounts of chaos and deep into a baby moon. They will remind me that.... yes, I was organized at one point and may get there again. 

I do have to share this wonderful tip on stain removal though. I am very diligent about cleaning my clothes and especially my children's since so many of them are hammy-downs and I want to return them in the condition that they were given to me. So I am a Nazi about getting stains out, but I do not have neither the time nor energy to stand over the sink and work on each piece of stained clothing. SO......my dear friend Amanda passed this little "potion" along to me and it works GREAT! It is gentle on ALL clothes, you can soak clothes for days in the stuff and nothing gets discolored, and you can add a scoop to each load (whites and darks and everything in between) to boost stain removing chances. I love it. Also, my children have decently sensitive skin and I have not had an issue with any rashes or what not. The recipe is simple.....
1 PART REGULAR CASCADE
1 PART BIZ
1 PART CLOROX 2
Mix all together and your set. I put mine in this lovely container I grabbed at Wal-Mart, shake a shake a, and away I go. 
Enjoy!

And here are some lovely spring flowers that the boys and I cut the other day. We drove around and had such a fun time cutting the branches and talking about springtime. 



And our bulb experiment seems to be doing wonderfully....
our hyacinths have bloomed and the tulips are on the verge. Alder is loving his job of spraying them down with water every few days and watching them flourish. Kingston really just loves the rocks in which they grow.


And lastly......I am asking for HELP!!! I recently inherited this sofa from my Grandmother's storage unit a few weeks back and Jared and I CANNOT seem to find a fabric (or agree on one) to suit this piece. We need to update it with the fabric we pick, but nothing to "printy" since it needs to remain sort of neutral and be able to "move" nicely if we were to do so in the next couple of years. Has anyone run across a good fabric lately? Something that is just perfect for this sofa??? I know its a long shot, but I thought I would ask. I am hoping maybe some of my regular (and ubber talented) readers like this one or this one will read this post and give their two sense. HAHA. I would love any recommendations. 



**Please ignore the side table that is in this pic....it was just there until we moved it to the attic (sadly we did not have a place for it in our house currently), the ugly flash on the picture, and the messy playroom all the way at the end of the hall.**

4 comments:

Susan said...

Meg! I don't know where to start ! Your blog is so much fun to read !You have a real talent here! Your freezer ....Oh My ! Ya'll are SET !! And your spring branches look beautiful as do your bulbs. Let's just say I think you are one gifted young Mama! As for your sofa.....I have one very similar that was my mother's and it is in storage...which kills me because I love it! Usually I do all sofa, chairs in a neutral...but this is one piece I think looks great in a fabulous print. Sortof a wow factor, unexpected piece you put in an entrance hall instead of a bench. Or a guest room at the end of a bed. I had hoped I could put a green and white animal print (large scale) on mine in the entrance area of our new place but it didn't fit. So now that I've confused your plan....and at the last minute of your nesting time !
Meg, it is fun to see you at this stage in your life !!

Abby said...

Hi Meg! Thanks so much for your stain fighting tips!!! We will be able to put those to great use!! :-) Best of luck with baby #3 delivery!! (I had my 3rd in 3 years in the fall and it was and has been a breeze!) I think that my family will be studying Paul next year in BSF ... I can't wait to see how it compares to Miss Betty. :-) xoxo!

leslie the young mother said...

Hey Meg! I'm totally a silent stalker (sorority sister from AU) and love seeing your two little guys. We have 2 boys as well and it's fun to see where their relationship can hopefully be when they get a little older. Thanks for all your sharing tips, love them! I'm with Susan about the sofa - go with a bold print, perhaps a big floral. Would look amazing with the shape of the sofa.

Also, one question - about the stain fighting mix. is it equal parts of each or one scoop of each regardless of the size of the scoop... sorry, probably really obvious and I'm overthinking it, ha!

Anyway, good luck with baby #3!

leslie the young mother said...

oh yes, and love all the beautiful flowers and bulbs!