Thursday, August 4, 2011

Its Hot.

I am a lover of a good article because an article is all that I get around to reading these days. I love to read an article and have it evoke strong feelings of the love of literature that I have, but have no time right now to "invest" in. Like I have the book "Edgar Sawtelle" on my night stand (that my Mom loaned me and swears is one of the greatest books she has ever read) that I have picked up a baker's dozen times but can't seem to read due to being in the 9 month of pregnancy, or having a newborn baby, or 3 children aged 3 and under, or feeling instead that I need to read some book titled "How to Train Up Your Children (without beating them or selling them on the side of the road)" and so therefore I fall asleep my first sentence into the book and most likely with drool running down my face in two minutes flat.  All of this to say that my latest love is Garden&Gun magazine. Its a literary jewel as far a magazines go and I have enjoyed reading it here and there when at my parent's house. Jared enjoys it as well and so for his 30th birthday (more on that soon so stay tuned) my parents gave him two years subscription to this fine magazine. On the road last weekend, I read the May issue that my parents had wrapped up for him with a card explaining their generous gift. The May issue of Garden&Gun is a special issue for us native "Chattanoogians" as they featured our sweet and pretty darn cool town as one of their main articles. Anyways, my point of this post is this article that I found among the pages. Its hilarious, so very true, and if you live in Alabama right now (I am sorry Mom and Dad you do not count or any other readers hailing from the Tennessee mountains. I know its hot there, but you live on a mountain and there is a breeze. We haven't had a breeze since January) then you will love and laugh with this read. 
Enjoy!
I did.

Here is the link again in case you missed the highlighted gray "this"

http://gardenandgun.com/article/daniel-wallace-great-indoorsman

1 comment:

Unknown said...

katie gave joseph that for christmas and we LOVE it!