Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Back in the Boat

Daddy has purchased another boat after selling the last one at the end of the season last year. I think if Jared could be convinced that he could make a living "brokering" boats, he would quit his job tomorrow and do so. He spends hours combing the Internet for deals on boats and is pretty darn good at it. Two weeks ago while I was in Chattanooga, he bought 2 boats and sold them that same week, making profits on both of them. Pretty talented, huh??? Anyways, we have one for the summer and the boys are loving it. We took it out the other night, I think it was Mother's Day night, for an evening cruise. Jared has taken the two older boys a handful times already, but this time the whole family went and Little One loved it as well. It is quite a handful to take all 3 on the boat, but we manage. Kind of. As you can tell from the pictures below, Alder is dying to "touch the water Mama, just a little bit. I won't fall in." Kingsers is panicked this summer by the boat unless someone is holding him (he loves the boat but we cannot figure out this new fear he has of the boat/motor/movement) and so that leaves Little One in the Moses basket tucked up underneath the bow. Safe, right? 
Just trying so hard to touch the water. So hard. 

Conrad Hudson. Braving the conditions. 

Gazing up at two airplanes crossing in the sky. 



I love my Kingston. He is clinging onto me tightly and I think rather enjoying his Mama snuggling with him. 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i really like alder's short haircut- very cute!!!

hadleybinion said...

meg, I love your blog and your precious family. Let's talk soon, but so glad I can keep up with your life this way too! Love you!