Thursday, May 12, 2011

Hudson: 2 months old



Conrad Hudson is 2 months old today. Where is the time going? He is such a sweet baby and seems to have a very quiet and gentle personality. He is patient and cries only when he is hungry and tired (for the most part). He has slept through night a few times, but nothing consistent. I find myself not minding when he wakes to feed around 4:30 each morning since it is such quiet and precious time with him with no one else to bother our nursing time together. He has also survived some pretty brutal hits to the face from older brother KIngston who thinks, "I think that hitting is the best way to show love. I mean its how Alder and I show love to each other...by wrestling and being rough." I have to remind Kingston to have "soft touches." I must say this 1,246 times a day to Kingsers. Hudson is also "going with the flow" as most 3rd babies do. He must have gotten the "3rd baby memo"...be chilled, quiet, and easy. I would say that my first two did not fall into the category of being an "easy baby" (if there is such a thing b/c I mean really, what is easy about feeding every 3 hours, newborn screams, blow out poopy diapers, and sleepless nights?!?!?)  I love having a baby again and kissing and kissing on him with no objection. He cannot push me away or run from me and sadly that is how old his older brothers have gotten. I have to chase Alder and KIngston down for kisses. 
I can't quite figure out who he looks like and since my husband hates to play that "game," (Jared figures that all babies will look like a combination of their parents and sibilings because after all that is what they are. Thank you Jared for that, but it is so fun to guess and examine who babies look most like. Must me a girl thing) I just talk to myself about it.
I snapped these this morning (as bad as they may be), but I am determined to take pictures of him so that one day, even though he is the 3rd, there will be pictures for his rehearsal dinner video.




  

2 comments:

Unknown said...

cute boy! i love that monogram- where'd you get it done?

The Morrisons said...

So big and handsome. Just so you know, I love playing "that game" too. I can't tell who he looks like though. Glad he's being a good boy. I found that with each baby, I loved the newborn stage more and more-such a sweet fun time (even though there are the blow-out poopy diapers)