Thursday, May 19, 2011

Living is Easy

 Living is easy when your boys send you beautiful flowers like these....just because. 
Aren't they beautiful? They smell wonderful and are a joy to look at too. Although fresh flowers are impractical in a sense, they sure do make my heart happy.
Thank you to all my boys and especially you babe. What a great happy.

Have you ever seen this magazine? This is just a copied image from the Internet of an old cover. I stumbled upon it the other day while at Wal-Mart and loved how practical it is and easy to read and how the recipes all just "make sense." Then later I remember having seen it on Darby's blog awhile back and her rave reviews of it. I must agree. I am thinking on subscribing. Apprerantly there is a t.v. show too???
Inside this month's edition was a recipe for pasta primavera. I gave it a shot and it turned out wonderfully. I feed it to my hungry, hungry hippos and they loved it. It was a real treat to cook this while sipping a nice glass of white wine ( btw Fish Eye's Pinot Grigio is pretty darn good and only 3 bucks. I buy only cheap, cheap wine) and chop such nice fresh veggies with no children in the kitchen or a screaming newborn (they were building a train track with Daddy). You get to the point in your life where I am, constant chaos, and really treasure these quiet moments of solitude. It may only last 10 minutes, but those 10 minutes are heavenly. 
These turned into this below. 
Yummy. 

And while I was putting the finishing touches on dinner, Alder once again was snapping pictures. He took this one of Kingsers and I then edited it. I think I should have Alder take all my pictures from now on. I love how he sees the world, his persepctive, and how it comes out in his "photography." 


No comments: